Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Cycle of Life. ( Real Life )



I woke up the other morning, and went about my morning. I have some pets, and it took me about an hour of looking at things online, checking my WoW auctions, and e-mail before I got to them. When I got to them, I found one of my guinea pigs had died. She had not been sick, she had not been acting weird. They had no water in their bottle and it was a semi hot night, about 78° or so, it's quite possible she succumbed to the heat but I really doubt it, she was fine on hotter nights. I feel a bit guilty, and sad.

It took me a day to get the time to bury here, and when I my girlfriend and I went out back behind our apartment, found a nice grassy patch and buried her. Sadly I am quite good and accustomed to burying animals, I used to bury a cat every six months or so when I was growing up mainly because we lived on a highway and had a 'lot' of cats.

I keep almost finding myself crying over her death, but it doesn't quite come. One of these days I am going to need to let it come or I am going to have another emotional breakdown that kept me barricaded in my apartment for months at a time when I lived in Virginia.

I'm sorry Lefty.

No comments: